The Association exists for the benefit of its Members and the Committee aims to promote participation in the training, showing, working, breeding and other canine activities as well as encouraging good health management for the breed.
The Lagotto Romagnolo was originally bred as a water retriever and is used as a truffle hunter in some European countries. These characteristics should be preserved and developed. Advice on any topic related to Lagotti is freely available to members at all times.
Membership is open to Lagotti enthusiasts wherever they live upon payment of an annual membership subscription (TBA).
- To promote the breed within the UK.
- To elevate the breed from the Import onto All Breeds Register at the KC.
- To have democratically elected Committee management.
- To maintain a pedigree/health database of all Lagotti registered with the KC.
- To keep members informed on existing and emerging health Issues.
- To encourage informed health management and testing for known conditions.
- To hold seminars relevant to the health and abilities of the breed.
- To encourage participation in various canine disciplines and run events.
- To encourage membership of the KC ABS in order to promote responsible breeding.
- To provide a Breeders Register and a centre for Puppy enquiries.
- To provide help and advice on behavioural and re homing issues.
- To provide the Association's Rules to every member.
- To provide periodic newsletters and a dedicated website.